International College of Holistic Studies (ICoHS) is the oldest nonprofit Holistic School in San Diego, Formerly known as the School of Healing Arts, the school was one of the pioneers in holistic health education. ICoHS is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) and approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE), the California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC), the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Body Work (NCBTMB) and SEVIS (SND214F00378000). We offer academic programs in Massage Therapy, Professional Massage Therapy, and Holistic Health Practitioner. Students have the opportunity to select concentrations in areas such as Holistic Nutrition, Herbology, Sports Massage, Yoga, Eastern Modalities, Spa Techniques, Orthopedic Massage and an array of elective courses to complement their training.
ICoHS provides the highest quality of education and professional career training integrating a balance of Western and Eastern holistic health principles and practices. Education is facilitated in a dynamic, compassionate, and personalized environment whereby students are inspired to reach their fullest growth potential. We are committed to helping the students enjoy a transformation experience.
How to Apply: Applicants looking for a rewarding position working in a school setting should submit their resume, a cover letter, and all relevant documents.
Location: International College of Holistic Studies
1500 State Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Schedule: Full-time (non-exempt). Mon-Fri (9:00 am to 6:00 pm). Evening and weedends as needed.
Reports: Center Director
Statement of the Job
Responsible for generating and following up with inquiries and leads for International College of Holistic Studies, as well as assisting in the communication and processing of applications for International College of Holistic Studies. The Recruitment & Admissions Coordinator is responsible for preparation and review of individual student inquiries, daily communication with students and staff and the maintenance of all databases involved in the recruitment process.
- Attend fairs and recruitment events to meet prospective students
- Process and follow up on inquiries and leads on a daily basis.
- Help students apply and answer questions about the process.
- Responsible for maintaining constant and effective communication with students at all stages of the recruitment process (lead, application, admitted, confirmed, and enrolled).
- Ensure accuracy of data entry and application processing.
- Understand academic curriculums and be able to provide support to students.
- Assist in keeping track of payments (paper and electronic records) and coordinate the information with the Finance Department.
- Support the efforts of other departments at International College of Holistic Studies.
- Prepare all necessary paperwork for each student.
- Coordinate and execute new student orientation
- Work on other projects as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Be able to work in a holistic environment
- Experience working in an office environment and/or academic institution.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and adhere to company policies.
- AA/AS Degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- $12 to $15 per hour depending on experience.