VA Financial Assistance Resources

If you served on Active Duty, you may be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs, visit for more information. Benefit coverage varies from full to partial tuition assistance. Assistance may be available for books, fees and housing allowances. Veterans may be eligible to go to school full time and receive full time living expenses through the Department of Veteran Affairs. Your education benefits are a result of the GI Bill®. You may also check the Definitive Guide to GI Bill Benefits and Eligibility.

How Do I Apply?

1. Complete the Application

Complete the Department of Veterans Affairs application to determine your benefits. Be sure to list which program you are interested in pursuing at ICOHS College.

02. Notify the SCO

Once an approval and VA Certificate of Eligibility COE (for first time applicants) is received, please notify the School Certifying Official (SCO) at 858.581.9460 so that we may certify your enrollment with the Veterans Administration.

03. Certification

For previous applicants please complete VA Form 22-1995 Change of Place of Training Form. Once an approve and New VA Certificate of Eligibility COE is received, please notify the School Certifying Official (SCO) at 858.581.9460 so that we may certify your enrollment with the Veterans Administration. Please note: School Certifying Official (SCO) will also need copies of unofficial transcripts for all previous schools attended.

04. Meet the SCO

Please note you will also need to meet with the School Certifying Official (SCO) to complete additional forms needed prior to your certification of benefits. You may request an appointment via email or via our online website under the Federal Financial Aid Plan.

05. Contact

For questions regarding your VA benefits you can contact the VA directly at 1-888-GI BILL-1 (888-442-4551)

Only Chapter 35 students must verify monthly enrollment with the VA in order to receive their monthly payment. Typically, students can either call the VA or verify online. Start your education today by visiting

Don’t hesitate to contact a Finance Advisor with any questions you might have.

GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

$500 scholarship for military children

Apply today for the 2021 Scholarship for Military Children. For each child of a military member, in active duty or veteran, a $500 academic award is available for those who qualify. The student can be pursuing a certificate in any of ICOHS’s certificate programs. Click here for more information and eligibility details.


By submitting this form, you are giving your express written consent for ICOHS College to contact you regarding our programs and services using email, telephone or text – including our use of automated technology for calls and periodic texts to any wireless number you provide. Message and data rates may apply. This consent is not required to purchase goods/services and you may always call us directly at 858-581-9460.