VA Financial Assistance Resources

ICOHS College is committed to serving our veterans. Our VA School Certifying Official (SCO) will work closely with you to help you understand what VA financial assistance may be available to you!

How do I apply for VA Financial Assistance?

If you served on Active Duty, you may be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs, visit for more information. 

Benefit coverage varies from full to partial tuition assistance. Assistance may be available for books, fees and housing allowances. Veterans may be eligible to go to school full time and receive full time living expenses through the Department of Veteran Affairs. 

Your education benefits are a result of the GI Bill®. You may also check the Definitive Guide to GI Bill Benefits and Eligibility.

Application Steps

Complete the Department of Veterans Affairs application to determine your benefits. Be sure to list which program you are interested in pursuing at ICOHS College.

Once an approval and VA Certificate of Eligibility COE (for first time applicants) is received, please notify the School Certifying Official (SCO) at 858-581-9460 so that we may certify your enrollment with the Veterans Administration.​

For previous applicants please complete VA Form 22-1995 Change of Place of Training Form. Once an approve and New VA Certificate of Eligibility COE is received, please notify the School Certifying Official (SCO) at 858-581-9460 so that we may certify your enrollment with the Veterans Administration. Please note: School Certifying Official (SCO) will also need copies of unofficial transcripts for all previous schools attended.

Please note you will also need to meet with the School Certifying Official (SCO) to complete additional forms needed prior to your certification of benefits.

You may request an appointment via email or via our online website under the Federal Financial Aid Plan.
For questions regarding your VA benefits you can contact the VA directly at 1-888-GI BILL-1 (888-442-4551)

Only Chapter 35 students must verify monthly enrollment with the VA in order to receive their monthly payment. Typically, students can either call the VA or verify online. Start your education today by visiting

Don’t hesitate to contact a Finance Advisor with any questions you might have.

GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Need Support? Contact Us At

Veteran Benefits


$500 Scholarship For Military Children

Apply today for the Scholarship for Military Children. For each child of a military member, in active duty or veteran, a $500 academic award is available for those who qualify. The student can be pursuing a certificate in any of ICOHS’s certificate programs.

Click here for more information and eligibility details.

Veteran Filling Out Application

AMVETS Scholarships

AMVETS is proud to offer scholarships/grants to our nation’s Veterans, Active Duty, Guard and Reserves; their Spouses as well as their Children and Grandchildren.

AMVETS scholarships are designed to fulfill a financial gap after all Federal/State grants and/or scholarships available to an eligible applicant have been exhausted.

Click here for more information and eligibility details.


Veteran Blog Resources

Young Veterans Applying for Scholarships

How Many Degrees Will the GI Bill Cover, and How Can I Make the Most of its Benefits?

Get higher education during or after active duty through the GI Bill...

Read More
What is the Monthly VRRAP Housing Allowance?

What is the Monthly VRRAP Housing Allowance?

Have you lost your job or other sources of livelihood because of...

Read More
How Does MyCAA Work

How Does MyCAA Work?

ICOHS is proud to offer students the Military Spouse Advance Account Scholarship....

Read More
ccna online training

The 10 Best CCNA Online Training Courses

Are you interested in computer networking and architecture? If so, CCNA online...

Read More

VRRAP - Veterans Rapid Retraining Assistance Program

The Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP) offers short-term education and training into a high-demand career path for veterans who are unemployed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Funds may cover:

  • Up to 12 months of tuition and fees for high-demand career paths
  • Monthly housing allowance based on Post-9/11 GI Bill® rates

Veteran Blog Resources

Need Support?

Contact Us At

Get Started Today

ICOHS College logo

Take The First Step

Request information to start a new meaningful career path and schedule to observe a class!


By submitting this form, you are giving your express written consent for ICOHS College to contact you regarding our programs and services using email, telephone or text – including our use of automated technology for calls and periodic texts to any wireless number you provide. Message and data rates may apply. This consent is not required to purchase goods/services and you may always call us directly at 858-581-9460.